Clean facilities do not happen haphazardly
They are the inevitable result of effective program management: the management of
chemicals, the management of tools, and the management of personnel
December 4, 2013 by Pike Systems
Pike Systems has introduced sustainable floor care solutions to relieve clients of the laborious cycle of stripping floors and refinishing them.
Pike Systems’ president Howard Tiedt stated; “Our floor programs allow our customers to restore their floors once and then take care of them through a routine cleaning program which improves the appearance while eliminating the supply costs associated with stripping and refinishing. As a local independent distributor, Pike Systems has the advantage of sourcing items from multiple manufacturers which allows us to offer solutions that meet the challenges our clients face today.”
Pike Systems has a program for various floor surfaces including, synthetic floors, terrazzo floors, wood floors, VCT, and concrete. Contact us for a detailed survey of the floor surfaces in your facility.
Category: Carpet and Hard Floor Maintenance Tags: clean floors, floor care program | Comments Off
November 25, 2013 by Pike Systems
In the United States, there are 1.7 Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAI’s) per year that end up resulting in 100,000 deaths. These cost hospitals up to $30 billion annually. Pike Systems now has a solution that can help you reduce HAI’s up to 60%!
Hyginex is a comprehensive, easy-to-use hand hygiene monitoring solution that helps staff maintain proper hand hygiene protocols, saves hospitals money and keeps patients safe. The benefits are endless!
How it works:
- Each staff member wears a wristband
- Wristbands are then recognized when an individual staff member has dispensed soap/alcohol
- Over the bed sensors will monitor if staff wash their hands before entering a patient zone and send friendly reminders when washing is needed
- Data is then collected by the wristband and automatically transmitted to the server
Interested in learning more about the Hyginex wristbands? Call 630-896-6373 today!
Category: Uncategorized Tags: clean hands, HAI prevention, Hand Hygiene, hand hygiene monitoring, Hand soap, monitoring | Comments Off
November 6, 2013 by Pike Systems
Inside Sales Representative
Does winning new business get your adrenaline pumping? Drive growth for Pike Systems as part of our Inside Sales Organization! You will collaborate with our Outside Sales Department to devise strategies to acquire specific segments of the market. Work independently, travel to trade shows, visit large prospective clients – it’s all part of this role. Be rewarded for being an overachiever while driving incremental growth in your market. Our tried and ture sales process gives you the roadmap for success. You are product – and industry-savvy, and your energetic drive propels you toward new acquisitions and building and managing your own book of business.
- Prospect for new clients and react to inbound customer requests
- Educate customers on the opportunities within their business sector
- Develop sales pitch strategies that optimize the market potential
- Provide the ultimate in client service by giving potential new customers the attention they need and deserve
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- B2B Sales experience
- Technical experience with advanced computer literacy. Photoshop and Word Press experience are a plus!
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to pitch comprehensive solutions over the telephone or face to face to prospects
- Being proactive, organized, responsible, and having the proven ability to work well with a team
When our customers are happy, so are we! As experts in facility maintenance and operations, we assist our clients with the most cost effective program available. Our focuses on health, asset preservation, and infection prevention give us purpose and drive and delivers value to our customer base that goes above and beyond what the box movers in our industry can provide. By spotting and analyzing customer needs and trends, our team works together on scalable solutions for each business, no matter its age or size.
This position allows you to earn full – time income in a part-time position. You will be required to work 3 days per week between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm.
If interested, apply here!
Category: Uncategorized Comments Off
November 4, 2013 by Pike Systems
Knowing how infectious diseases spread is an extremely important component of cleaning correctly. If you know how germs spread, you know how to prevent them and thus preventing the spread of illness to others.
Infectious disease spread through direct contact, food, insects, or airborne pathogens. Illnesses, like the flu and colds, spread from person to person when droplets from the cough or sneeze of an infected person move through the air and get in the mouth or nose of a person nearby. These germs can also live on surfaces up to two hours infecting the people who touch them, and then touch their eyes, mouth, or nose. This is why it is so important to disinfect surfaces, and to wash hands. A key component in preventing the spread of diseases is through washing hands, and unfortunately, not everyone does it.
Cleaning is more than just what meets the eye – you not only want to clean for appearance, but almost more importantly for health. Your goal should be to clean your facilities on a microbial level – and with the products currently on the market – this is growing easier and easier everyday.
Here are some Pike System’s recommended products that really prevent disease spread:
- Purell Hand Sanitizer: America’s #1 instant hand sanitizer. Kills 99.99% of the most common germs that cause illness – works in as little as 15 seconds and leaves your hands feeling soft and refreshed.
- Microfiber Mops and Rags – not only do microfibers clean at a microbial level, but they are washable AND color coded. You can buy an array of colors to prevent cross contamination in your facilities.
- KaiVac Hands Free Cleaning Systems – give your restrooms and kitchens a deep cleaning without even touching the surfaces thus eliminating the possibility of contamination.
Need help with your infection prevention? Give us a call at 630-896-6373 and we will help you set up a program!
Category: Cleaning for Health Tags: germ spread, Hands Free Cleaning, infection prevention, KaiVac, microfibers | Comments Off
October 24, 2013 by Pike Systems
Believe it or not, there is a significant difference between dust mops on the market – they are not all created equal – and the one you may be using for you facility might not be the best option there is. Pike Systems can offer you guidance in picking out the right dust mop for you!
Loop vs. Cut:
Dust mops come two ways, with cut or looped ends. Cut ends are more economical – if you are looking for something you can mop with for a certain period of time, and then just throw away, then cut mops might not be a bad choice for you. Loop end mops are more expensive, but are washable so they last longer.
For us, this might be the most significant aspect in choosing the right dust mop. The industry in general is have a strong push towards microfiber mops…why? …The material does not need to be pre-treated and can hold a greater amount of soil. Microfiber mops will pick up dust and dirt at microbial levels! Not only do they pick up more, they are also washable – which together contribute to the higher price point.
For facilities that don’t have laundry rooms or require a less expensive option, a traditional cotton or synthetic mop would be a better choice. Synthetics are longer lasting than cotton, and don’t require pre-treating – they actually attract dust electrostatically. To buy a cotton mop is to buy a convenience item – cotton mops are suitable for removing loose debris, but require treating between applications – they also deteriorate over time and don’t hold up well to multiple washings.
Category: Carpet and Hard Floor Maintenance Tags: dust mop, microfiber dust mop, microfibers, which dust mop, which mops is right for you | Comments Off
October 15, 2013 by Pike Systems
All employers whose employees are exposed to any hazardous chemicals are now required to train their employees in the new label elements and safety data sheet requirements that are an important part of the GHS revisions to the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard.
- video instruction
- training materials
- employee training acknowledgement form
- certificate of completion
- What is the GHS standard?
- Understanding product labels and pictograms
- Understanding safety data sheets
For more information on the GHS training and to find classes, please call Carolyn at 630.896.6373
Category: Cleaning for Health, Uncategorized Tags: December Deadline, GHS Labels, GHS Training, GHS Training class | Comments Off
October 10, 2013 by Pike Systems
In conversations about disease prevention, hand drying rarely comes up. More and more studies are proving that hand drying and how you do it, is just as important of an act as washing hands! The CDC has reported that wet hands are more likely to transmit bacteria than dry. Now what is the best way to dry? Read on……
The Mayo Clinic recently did a study into the spread of bacteria through the different methods of drying hands. This review found that hot air dryers disperse bacteria withing a radius of about 3 feet, while the jet air dryers push that bacteria six feet! When testing paper towels, Mayo found that there was no bacteria dispersal.
Mayo Clinics official conclusion: “On the basis of our review, drying hands thoroughly with a single-use, disposable paper towel is the preferred method of hand drying in terms of hand hygiene. Most studies found that paper towels can dry hands effectively, remove bacteria effectively, and cause less contamination in a washroom environment.”
Now that we have established which methods are better for drying hands, in the mass amounts of towels that are on the market, which ones are best? We at Pike Systems recommend roll towels. They are the most economical choice and nowadays they come in a number of different qualities to cover most applications!
To find out what the best option is for your application, please call 630.896.6373
Category: Cleaning for Health, Restroom Care Tags: best hand drying, best way to dry hands, Hand washing, no hand dryers, Prevent bacteria spread, roll towels | Comments Off
October 7, 2013 by Pike Systems
A couple weeks ago, Pike employees Carolyn Quinn and Julia Tiedt had the opportunity to go on a tour of a soap factory with the Triple-S Future Leadership Council and see how it all works! We even got to preview a new dispenser and speak with the head sales manager about the company. It was a great experience! Here are some of the highlights!
Are you in need of some great hand soaps (foam, gel, or liquid?) – call us today at 630.896.6373 to find out about our amazing line of hand soaps and sanitizers!
Category: Restroom Care Tags: clean hands, Hand soap, soap factory, soap factory tour | Comments Off
September 24, 2013 by Pike Systems
Category: Uncategorized Comments Off
by Pike Systems
Ten years ago, the only type of wipe you would be able to find in any market would be baby wipes. Today, wipes are virtually in every market segment ranging from skin care to professional cleaning.
Why use wipes? A study published by the Cleveland, OH based market research firm The Fredonia Group cites the following reasons for the growing popularity of wipes:
- Ease of Use: Users can use wipes right out of the box
- Less Product: Often, you only need one wiper when cleaning a surface versus cleaning with a cloth or paper towel
- Portability: Wipes are compact and light weight making them easy to transport
- Reduced Risk of Cross Contamination: Use once, then throw away
If we take a closer look at professional cleaning wipes, you can find some amazing options to help keep your work environment clean. Here are some great wipe options from Pike Systems:
- SSS Sanotex Environmental Surface Wipers: Sanotex Environmental Surface Wiping System eliminates more than 99.9999% of C. difficile in 3 minutes! Sanotex Wipers are an effective easy to use and economical alternative to the spray bottle or cloth and open bucket disinfecting cleaning system. Sanotex wipers come dry and when combined with the disinfecting solution can help you reduce risk and help to simplify the process – saving time and money while bringing greater control to your cleaning program. Sanotex Wipes are available for purchase online here.
- SSS Graffiti Wipes: SSS Graffiti Remover Wipes are a unique one step cleaning system combining both a high-quality graffiti remover formula and a highly absorbent, abrasive, non-scratching towel. The formulation will penetrate, loosen, break down and dissolve spray paint and graffiti, allowing the towel to absorb and hold residue without redepositing dissolved contaminants back onto surface being cleaned.
- SSS Cleaning Disinfectant Wipes: SSS Disinfectant Cleaning Wipes are intended for use in hospitals and healthcare settings: Clinics, Doctor’s office(s), Physician’s office(s), schools, health clubs, gyms, athletic facilities, airports, transportation terminals, grocery stores, etc.
Order your wipes from Pike Systems today by calling 630.896.6373.
Read the full article on the pro’s and con’s of wipes in ISSA today here.
Category: Cleaning for Health, Uncategorized Tags: Disinfecting Wipes, Efficient Cleaning, Fight Cdiff, Graffiti Wipes, Kill Cdiff, Sanotex, sanotracin, Wipes | Comments Off