Organizations continue to spend a small percentage of their budgets on maintaining and operating facilities, with amounts hovering around historic lows. Custodial and housekeeping budgets are hard to defend because they normally lack objective measurement. Pike Systems helps you evaluate how custodial budgets are established first and, then, shift your focus from a traditional budget model to a zero budget model that builds from the ground up based on the specific needs of the facility and building occupants.
There are only six ways to reduce costs. Five of the six have negative connotations including decreased morale, decreased cleanliness, and increased turnover. At Pike Systems, our goal is to focus on the one positive way to reduce costs. The six ways to reduce costs are listed below.
Which of these have you employed in your organization?
- Reduce Expenses
- Reduce Wages
- Reduce Staff
- Change or Decrease Benefits
- Reduce the Quality or Frequency of Cleaning
- Increase Productivity
Increased productivity can have the greatest impact on your overall budget. By increasing the productivity of your staff, you’re able to do more with less. Even after personnel cuts, it is possible to continue to clean at a high level. Increasing productivity requires so much more than just purchasing new equipment. Staff members must be trained, cleaning schedules must be tweaked for improved productivity, and quality control must be conducted routinely to verify compliance and determine if desired results have been achieved.
Pike Systems begins this process by conducting a complete audit of your facility where we acquire square footages, floor surfaces types, and a list of available tools. Pike Systems, then, works with you and your staff to increase overall productivity and quality by using the most effective, modern equipment available, while driving down the total cost to clean. By applying new and innovative technology to mechanization, we’re able to foster higher productivity and deliver higher quality.
Many of your current pieces of floor and carpet equipment can become obsolete as new, more efficient equipment is introduced. For this reason, the life cycle of each piece of equipment needs to be established at the time of purchase and adhered to down the road. It’s much more costly to keep fixing a beat-up piece of equipment than it is to purchase a replacement.
Quickly generate ROI data to justify and guide mechanization decisions.
Click to Enlarge
Easy to read charts capture and communicate critical program information.
Click to Enlarge
When you purchase a new piece of cleaning equipment, your satisfaction with the purchase is directly related to what happens after the machine is purchased. Our goal is to deliver service that keeps your staff working. Pike Systems sells, rents, and repairs cleaning equipment. Our factory trained Service Technicians can help you keep your floor machines, carpet machines, and vacuums running. We are able to implement maintenance programs within your facility that will allow you to maximize your equipment investment through reduced downtime, increased productivity, enhanced equipment lifecycles, and lower operating costs. We have a fully stocked parts department with a parts inventory that is constantly changing to provide our customers with faster parts availability.
You have probably seen our service trucks on the road. They are fully stocked to complete repairs on-site when and where you need them. We will even assist with training for your operators to prevent downtime.
Pike Systems provides the following support for your cleaning equipment:
- Factory trained service technicians to repair floor equipment at your location or in our shop
- Service when you need it! We understand most cleaning is done on 2nd and 3rd shift. We have service technicians available during those hours for equipment repair and/or operator training.
- New equipment parts support. If Pike Systems adds new equipment, we support it with a full line of replacement parts.
- Warranty repairs that are hassle free and easy. All paperwork is handled directly by the Pike Systems’ Service Department and billed out accordingly.
- Replacement batteries are available same day or next day. In addition, we’ll pick-up and dispose of your hazardous old batteries and return them to the manufacturer to be recycled.
- Rental equipment is available on a long-term or short-term basis to assist with project work, summer clean-up, or replace a piece that’s in for repair.
- Equipment lease programs are available to help you improve your cash flow, reduce technological obsolescence and get the equipment you need now!
Parts: We stock parts for most major brand names in floor & carpet equipment. All in-stock parts are shipped out to you same day if an order is received before 12:00 noon.
- Vac motors
- Vac and Solution Hose
- Batteries – AGM and Wet
- OEM Parts
We service the following equipment lines:
- NSS Enterprises Equipment **
- Betco Corporation Equipment **
- Kaivac Restroom Equipment **
- ProTeam Vacuums **
- Viper **
- Advance Equipment**
- Tornado Equipment
- US Products Extractors **
- Edic Extractors **
- Windsor Equipment **
- Nobles/Castex Equipment **
- Pullman-Holt Equipment **
- Alto/Clark Equipment
* We are equipped to service all commercial equipment including those not mentioned in this list.
** We are a Factory Service Center for these manufacturers.
In the service department, our ultimate goal is to provide superior equipment and support. Excellence is not an option. It’s the foundation of our operation. Our Service Manager will work with you to determine how to best meet your floor and carpet equipment needs whether you purchased your equipment here or elsewhere. We service all major floor and carpet equipment brands so we can be your one-stop-shop for repairs.
Our certified service technicians, our friendly service approach, and our attention to detail ensure that your service experience is painless.
Let us assist you with:
- Routine maintenance
- Parts ordering
- Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Parts Inventory Management
- Maintenance and repair
- Staff training
- Replacement parts