As the students gear up for a new year of learning, it is important that custodians too prepare for a school year and make sure all the auto scrubbers are in working order. Pull out your equipment and test it to be sure that it is running properly prior to the return of the kids, be proactive with issues before you need to use the machine.
Having issues, we can help! Read below for some troubleshooting hints!
Poor Water Pick-up:
- If your squeegee is worn or torn, try reversing or replacing it. Also, if it is out of adjustment, move so that the blade touches the floor evenly across it’s entire width. Remove any debris that may be stuck in the squeegee.
- If the drain hose is leaking, secure the drain hose cap or replace it.
- Remove any debris that may be clogging the vacuum hose or grid. Check the float to make sure it is not stuck closed.
- If the tank cover is not closed correctly, or the gasket is damaged or leaking, you may need to replace gasket and seal cover properly.
Poor Scrubbing Performance:
- The brush or pad may be worn out, replace them and start out the school year on a fresh one!
- If you are using the wrong chemical or dilution rate, call Pike Systems for advice on which chemical is best for your application and how it should be diluted.
- If the machine is not using enough solution, increase solution flow on the control panel.
Inadequate Solution Flow / No Solution Flow:
- Is the solution tank empty? It may be as simple of a fix as refilling the tank.
- The solution lines, valves, filer or trough may be clogged. Flush the lines, trough and clean solution filter.
Machine Does not Run:
- If the scrubber is not running, the issue could be in the batteries. Are the batteries connected? Make sure to charge the batteries fully.
- Check for error fault codes in the service manual as the issue could be in the main system control.